Schell Games is a highly talented group of artists, programmers, producers, and game designers led by game industry veteran Jesse Schell. We're the largest full-service education and entertainment game development company in the United States. Since 2002, we've worked with world-class clients and partners to create interactive experiences that engage and inspire players of all ages across all platforms. Presently, we are focused on virtual reality, augmented reality, location-based experiences, and social games.
Do you like to work on innovative projects in a motivating, friendly atmosphere? Would you agree that games can engage and inspire?
If you answered "YES!" to both questions, you might be a fit for our studio!
GAME PRODUCER POSITION
Our production staff works together with the project team to ensure our projects are on time and on budget. We value an iterative process, transparency among team members and clients, and embracing change in any stage of development. Above all else, producers anticipate and clear roadblocks so team members can focus on their craft.
We are seeking a Game Producer who will collaborate closely with project and other discipline directors on teams in order to ensure project goal alignment and facilitate communication with all project stakeholders. While the project director is responsible for the project vision, as the producer, you are responsible for helping the team realize that vision within the constraints of reality. Producers serve the game, serve the team, serve the client, and build strong relationships in order to create the best possible outcome for all involved, always asking “how can I help?”
Expectations of Game level roles at Schell Games:
You are building your skills within your discipline and can be relied upon by your team. You are focused on growth, and seek out experts in your craft from within the studio.
You build relationships with colleagues through openness and trust. You can be relied on in your project role. You seek feedback on how you can improve.
You are a capable and responsible team member that fulfills your project responsibilities with appropriate guidance and mentoring. You take advantage of opportunities to learn game development best practices from your colleagues and industry experts.
You recognize leaders within the studio and have identified traits you wish to emulate.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Build a good rapport with team members
- Foster healthy, productive team communication, resolving creative conflict constructively
- Advocate on behalf of the team, the client, and studio senior management at all times, understanding how each perspective translates to project goals and constraints
- Be a champion for the constraints of reality, work with the team to make sure the team can execute the project vision on time and in budget
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1 (preferably 2-3) years of professional production-related work experience (games industry experience not required but preferred)
- Demonstrated team leadership competencies
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Natural inclination towards critical and strategic thinking
- Strong diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
- Experience working with a team to complete something together in service of a shared goal
- Familiarity with team-based project management tools (JIRA experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on project-based multidisciplinary cross-collaboration in the entertainment technology space
Our studio is committed to providing an equitable and inclusive work environment that ensures that all applicants and team members are treated with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any type of discrimination or harassment directed at any applicant or employee because of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran, family or parental status or any other protected group characteristic. This equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Prohibiting discrimination and harassment is only one part of the equation. “Diversity makes us strong” is more than just something we say. We value diversity in all forms because it is essential to our success, and we want every member of our team to feel their best creative self. Our development environment and social culture are based on welcoming, respecting, and celebrating differences among our team members and our players. We rely on each person to add their own unique skills and perspective to our culture. Every member of our team is responsible for making the studio as inclusive and equitable as possible.