Proletariat is seeking a Game Engineer to join the team of our newest game in development, Spellbreak. This individual will work with the product team to build innovative multiplayer gameplay mechanics, effective User Interfaces, and persistent game systems. Game Engineers also work with artists to deliver high quality visuals at smooth framerates in Unreal Engine 4. We are looking for someone who is a detail-oriented generalist, with experience building highly-polished products for demanding audiences.
- Prototype and build new multiplayer gameplay features.
- Develop effective User Interfaces, e.g. Heads-Up Display elements, notifications, and menus
- Work with artists to build new graphical effects.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- 3 years professional experience in game development.
- Professional development experience with C/C++.
- At least 1 year professional experience developing game systems for real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Solid understanding of 3D math fundamentals.
- Experience with other high-level programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, C#…), with Haxe (https://haxe.org/) being preferred.
- Experience with web technologies such as RESTful APIs, node.js, redis, and cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or similar services is preferred.