The Game Economy Designer will contribute to the evolution of our existing titles and design our in-game events and economy to make our worlds even more fun for our players. You’re a Free2Play economist who continuously balances and fine-tunes our games through defining data-driven metrics and implementing features and events that enhance and elevate our player’s experience.
Why this Role is Made for You:
You March to a Different Beat
You’re not looking for a job, you’re looking for a team that will empower, challenge, and enable you to exercise your creative and analytical muscle to make the games we create even more fun, engaging, and challenging to our players.
You’re in the Driver’s Seat
As an ‘accountant’ for the game, you’re a ninja with numbers, a spreadsheet slayer and game balancing wizard. You’re an experienced designer that can take an idea and drive it forward. You create visions that define core game loops, design features and rely on both your creativity and data to understand the player’s needs and wants.
Our Culture - Happy Life, Happy Hippo.
We care about making great games because we love games and are rewarded for our hard work in spades. Our benefits and working vibe encourage and allow you to live your dreams in Kelowna: an affordable, picturesque, and diverse city, only an hour flight from Vancouver, BC Canada.
Our next Economy Designer will have:
- Designed and prototyped features for Mobile Free2Play games.
- Experience releasing new features and content during live services.
- Utilized analytics to provide actionable recommendations.
- A deep understanding of mobile players’ behaviours, latest business model trends
- Proactive attitude to share knowledge and learnings with peers.
- The ability to contribute in a highly creative environment, implementing unique concepts & solutions.
- Agility & flexibility to keep on top of moving schedules & deadlines.
- Strong work ethic – utilizing your analytical side before unleashing your creativity.
You’ll Bring to Hyper Hippo:
- 2+ years balancing economies as a game designer - you know all best practices.
- Great understanding of games, economy, balance, game design, game mechanics, as well as story and character design.
- Can leverage data to communicate what it takes to make an amazing player experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with user acquisition, player retention, engagement, monetization and how to translate analytics into actionable game features and balancing game economies.
- Understanding of micro-transactions, F2P core game loops and pinch points.
- Up to speed with trends in mobile gaming.
- Strong mathematical abilities and mad spreadsheet balancing skills.
- Idle game experience or interest is a HUGE plus.
Every Hippo is an entrepreneur. Here at Hyper Hippo you - yes, YOU - are the master of your destiny and the creative expert of your domain. Say goodbye to the days of meeting after meeting and embrace the chance to own and be accountable for your success. We enable our team to create beautiful and fun experiences that our global community love to play. We answer to our players, not shareholders and the entire studio is invested in the success of our games.
"Wait, what?! This isn’t how game studios operate!”
Well, we’re putting the creative power back in the hands of our team to help us explore, fail fast, and create amazing games. We are disruptive in our approach to management and assume that if we’ve hired you, YOU are the best person to lead and direct us within your area of expertise.
You’ll make decisions that you’ve never had an opportunity to make before and toggle between the bird’s eye view of supporting the game development process and the granular details to ensure we’re on schedule, within budget and most importantly - having fun while doing it.
When every person in the studio is accountable for their realm of expertise, something magical happens. We make great games. This is because we innovate (and fail) fast and support one another to be the best version of ourselves.
Welcome to Hyper Hippo.
- Competitive salary
- Extraordinary profit sharing program
- Health Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation and 10 personal days per year
- Relocation Support
- Annual self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it