Job Title: Game Developer
Department: NC Game Development
Reports To: Director of Game Development
WHO WE ARE: Grover Gaming, headquartered in Greenville, North Carolina, is a software design and development company that specializes in electronic gaming throughout the United States and Canada. Having more than 215 employees located in seven states, we are working every day toward building a strong foundation of humble, passionate people, effective processes, and superior products. Our dedication to customer service, adaptability, and a diverse range of products has solidified our position as a global leader in the electronic gaming industry, leading to our second year on Inc. Magazine’s list of fastest growing companies in 2020 at #194. Grover Gaming strives to support local communities and has helped raise over $200 Million for charities through its partnerships in charitable gaming markets.
SUMMARY: The Game Developer is responsible for building games for various target platforms based on the Unity framework. The Game Developer will be primarily responsible for implementing game functionality, translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging game.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement gameplay requirements for multiple systems
- Actively participate in the game development process, engaging the team and resolving issues
- Create tech-art tools to accelerate workflows across the team
- Empower content creators to deliver their visions with a minimum of engineering interference
- Consult with internal and external customers and gather best practices to effectively use platforms as a data resource
- Provide recommendations to management, as well as follow on solutions, to achieve strategic and operational goals
- Maintenance of existing products by debugging and applying bug fixes
- 3-5 years of interactive Unity programming experience
- Experience using Version control (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge and Experience with object orientated design patterns and concepts
- Experience working independently, thinking critically, and offering quality ideas to improve processes
- Strong ability to communication verbally and written
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual work environment is typical of an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with no material or weather-related hazards except those associated with travel.
This Job Description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company objectives. The description incorporates the most typical duties performed and covers only the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed. The inclusion of those duties would not alter the overall evaluation of this position.