What’s our story?
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 different nations work together to create high-quality casual games driven by engaging stories at the core of the experience.
At Wooga, we believe that to make outstanding games you must not only love your craft you must work with other experts who share your passion for excellence. We are very proud of the professional and creative environment we have established here, and we are confident it will inspire you to do amazing things!
Will you be a part of our story?
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to help us create a new and exciting Hidden Object Adventure. This is a very important project for us and you will play a pivotal role on a growing team of some of the most talented and experienced engineers, writers, and artists at Wooga!
Working closely with the Lead Designer, you will:
- Help create and refine a potentially genre-defining game that has a unique hook, a complex mystery, and a cast of diverse and compelling characters
- Conceive exciting new features and write feature specs that communicate your vision to other team disciplines, including Engineers, Writers, and Artists
- Get to know our players, and use that knowledge to create features that delight and entertain them
- Use your analytical skills to review feedback and KPIs; then make decisions to improve game engagement, monetization, and retention
- Manage the lifecycle of different story-related features
- Help set the difficulty of gameplay scenes and levels, creating interesting dynamics for player progression
- Make sure new features integrate effectively with the narrative experience, game systems, economy, events, and monetization plans
Who are you?
- You have several years of professional game design experience
- Your resume includes several multi-platform mobile F2P games, ideally in the Puzzle or Hidden Object genres
- You are comfortable analyzing data, and adept at making KPI-driven feature and game experience improvements
- You can set scope and quality for a live game with frequent content releases
- You work with an agile mindset and are familiar with the various stages of game production, and live game releases
- Ideally, you have some measure of proficiency with Unity
- You consistently strive to grow your design skills, improve yourself professionally, and increase team creativity and productivity
- You can run usability tests that help the team iterate on gameplay elements and new features
- You speak fluent English
Why will you love working at Wooga?
- You will help create a fantastic gameplay experience for literally millions of players
- We offer a unique office space, with sleeping pods and lounges, console games, and a full kitchen with plenty of free drinks, fruit, and snacks
- We provide extensive relocation and visa support for you and your loved ones. We want to make your move to Berlin as smooth as possible.
- All employees receive a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. We have regular meetups, workshops, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal trainings, and more!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success.
AT WOOGA WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A FRIENDLY, SAFE AND WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT FOR EVERYONE WHO WORKS HERE OR WITH US, REGARDLESS OF GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY AND EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, BODY SIZE, RACE, AGE, RELIGION (OR LACK THEREOF) AND GAME PREFERENCES.