BBTV’s new Interactive group is connecting content creators with their audiences in exciting new ways. We are looking for a Designer to join our fast-growing team!
As a Designer, you are always aware of the market, able to analyze the competition and identify ways to attract, retain, and engage users. You are able to design products in service of our overall strategy, and work with our development partners to bring the vision to life.
As our ideal candidate, you have experience with the entire mobile game life cycle, from pre-production through live ops, and know what to focus on. You have experience with many areas of design, including concept, gameplay, systems, and economy. You are an expert at free to play mobile games and understand how to design to maximize KPI’s while improving the player experience.
You are a team player who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, someone who wants to work with great people on great products. Experience working with external or remote development teams is a major plus.
- Own product design from concept identification through post-launch
- Write and collaborate on design documents for internal and external stakeholders to align the team on a clear vision
- Work with external developers to guide design and ensure execution of product vision
- Analyze and understand influencers and their audiences in order to make intelligent decisions about product
- Understand and predict market movements, trends, and competition to ensure our products are successful across all KPI’s
- Utilize analytics and player feedback to make product improvements after launch
- Work closely with the Producer to ensure proper definition of scope and prioritization of features
- Provide clear and concrete design feedback on all aspects of product
- Review builds throughout development to ensure quality execution, providing timely feedback and guidance as needed
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years of full cycle experience in mobile game industry
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant education combined with experience; game design degree is a definite plus
- Direct experience designing commercially successful free to play mobile games
- Direct experience creating concepts, writing GDD’s, and communicating with other disciplines (art, engineering, QA, etc.)
- Ability to create wireframes and provide UI/UX feedback
- Experience setting KPI’s, interpreting analytics, and making informed decisions
- Direct experience designing game economies and tuning/balancing game systems
- Deep knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design for them across different genres and target players
- Positive attitude with the desire to drive initiatives across the finish line
- Excellent organizational skills paired with strong attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven track record of communicating effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Resourceful in making decisions in a timely manner, with the ability to empower the team to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Experience working with external development teams is a strong plus
- Experience working with PC/console is a plus
Exhibiting your design and communication skills with examples of written or visual design documentation will help us assess candidates.
At BBTV, our team is everything. We offer competitive compensation packages, rapid career advancement, flexible hours, and operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency. Our state-of-the-art open concept office is built to give you the perfect balance of work-and-play.
From the fully stocked games room, lounge spaces, movie theatre, and in-house automated barista, to healthy snacks, gym passes, and a culture committee (in charge of frequent outings and team-building events), we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
Today, we are the third largest video property on the planet (behind only Google and Facebook), and have built digital networks alongside the likes of the NBA and The Huffington Post. So if you love collaborating, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let’s talk!