As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level-Level Ex-by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech-collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re now looking for a creative Game Designer to join our team.
- Working closely with senior game designers on all aspects of gameplay, including high-level goals, balance, scoring, controls, and other areas
- Working in the Unity engine to create levels and define the player's gameplay experience
- Detailing case designs and requirements with supporting documents and reference materials
- Working with others identifying game events and data to be tracked in the analytics system for future gameplay optimization
- Coordinating design goals with production, product management, artists, engineers, and others
- Working with doctors and medical researchers on technical specifications, plus finding ways to incorporate their feedback as part of compelling and exciting gameplay mechanics
- 3+ years of hands-on game design experience working at a professional game studio(s)
- 1+ commercially released game on mobile, PC, or console platforms
- Experience in mobile development
- In-engine Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience creating, revising and maintaining game design documentation
- Proven ability to document and communicate design ideas, and make smart tradeoffs
- Experience communicating and championing the larger vision of games across numerous types of stakeholders
- Strong in-engine Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Understanding of the psychology of game design, and experience applying those principles in new kinds of design and game mechanics
- Experience optimizing and re-balancing a live game post-launch based on user feedback and data
- Economy design experience
- Knowledge of at least one industry-standard analytics tool (Leanplum, DeltaDNA, Unity Analytics, etc.)
- C# experience
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
For the fastest consideration please send us your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for this important role. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.