PerBlue is looking for a passionate Game Design Intern to join our team for the summer of 2019. We make massively multiplayer, free-to-play mobile RPG and strategy games played by millions of people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game.
You'll join our Game Design team where you'll work on real games and have real responsibilities. You'll work directly with full-time Game Designers, Product Leads, and other stakeholders to understand requirements for new game features and content and then work closely with a small cross-functional production team to help create and tune designs that bring these goals to life. Your responsibilities may include helping create specifications for new game features, heroes, and systems, assisting with balance testing, and analyzing gameplay data and player feedback.
Our ideal candidate is collaborative, analytical, and proactive. You should thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have a willingness to adapt and embrace design iterations. You should be a passionate gamer who understands the RPG and strategy genres overall, and the free-to-play mobile aspects of these genres in particular.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Already completed or are pursuing a degree in game design, a technical field, or related area.
- Prior game design experience on a successful professional, academic, or personal project.
- Passion for MMO / RPG / Strategy games and their mechanics and systems.
- Passion for free-to-play game economies, mechanics and the live operation of those games.
- Ability to synthesize game-play data to optimize game balance and economies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with producers, developers, QA, and management.
Compensation and Benefits
We have a catered lunch program, a snack-stocked kitchen, and a refrigerator full of liquid refreshments. You'll be part of an energetic and collaborative environment, work with a great team, and enjoy our regular socials. We have flexible hours and are located in a vibrant neighborhood in beautiful downtown Madison.
PerBlue is an independent game development studio based in Madison, WI with a highly skilled team of amazingly talented people. We’ve been named a “Top Developer” by Google, a “Best Place to Work” by Madison Magazine, and “Madison's Favorite Tech Startup” by the Isthmus. This is a full time intern position based in Madison, WI. Compensation is competitive and based on experience.