Playwing is looking for a talented Game Artist to join our brand new studio in Montreal, Canada.
Our small, experienced team is committed to building fresh, high-quality mobile games. We strongly believe in putting the fun front and center, and polishing every aspect of the player experience. That’s why you will work closely with designers and programmers to produce virtual worlds and characters that are not only beautiful but also gameplay-oriented.
This is a unique opportunity to take part of an exciting adventure from the beginning. If you’re passionate about crafting kick-ass games for millions of players, you’re in the right place. Join us in our quest to create top-notch games on mobile platforms!
We are looking for someone who will:
- Create assets from concept art inspiration and photo references
- Thrive creatively within gameplay and technical constraints
- Integrate assets in the engine
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to improve the look & feel of the game and refine the production pipeline when needed
- Strive to deliver the best game experience through constructive criticism and iteration
The ideal person for the job has:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience producing art for games
- Proficiency in industry-standard asset creation tools and engines: 3DS Max, Photoshop, Unity3D, etc.
- Ability to perfectly combine form with function, with a strong grasp of shape, structure and silhouette
- Expert eye for light, shade and color in texture creation
- Good understanding of mobile constraints
- Basic gameplay knowledge
- Great communication and organisation skills
Bonus points for experience with:
- Producing beautiful yet functional User Interface
- Animating 2D characters
- Working across various visual styles
- Low-poly modeling
And this is what we offer for being part of this amazing family!
- 4 weeks’ vacation
- 5 mobile days (if not taken, it will be paid at the end of the year)
- Full package insurance
- Flexible hours
- Many activities paid by the employer
- No dress code
- Great and open-minded culture
- Start-up company with many opportunities
- You will work on big projects and with people who has many years of experience and amazing talent
- New and renovated office
- And you can also play videos games!! A great way to relax and having fun while working!
This is a full-time role at our brand new studio in Montreal, Canada.
If that sounds like you, then we would love you to come and work with us.
Please send us an email using the form below, including a CV and a link to examples of recent work demonstrating relevant artistic skills and creativity.
You must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.