Brown Bag Films are calling out for applications from experienced FX Artists.
The position of the FX Artist requires someone with a thorough knowledge of 3D software and its application of 3D effects such as Particles, fluids, Dynamic collisions and Fracturing.
Successful applicants will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
They will have a well-developed 'eye', a good working knowledge of effects design for stylised animation as well as a solid technical grounding in Maya.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Establish key FX set-ups for episodes working closely with the art Director/3D Supervisor to set the required look.
- Create re-usable FX Assets ensuring they adhere to FX pipeline and meet art director’s visual requirements.
- Create Asset Launch notes for external FX assets via Shotgun.
- Complete retake notes on Shot’s FX submissions via Shotgun.
- Work with the FX Supervisor to ensure the project’s FX pipeline is reliable and economical and is adhered to throughout production.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a VFX artist (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Must be comfortable with outsource management with an emphasis on clear communication and follow through.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of FX in Maya and/or Houdini.
- Must have a good understanding of Maya Dynamics and particle systems.
- Knowledge of other programs such as Realflow, Nuke X particles, Fume, After FX, Niad will be considered
- Must have a good “eye” and a thorough understanding of light, color, contrast, shading, and FX design.
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Must be open to direction.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in the finishing of FX in shots.
- Knowledge of Python (and/or Mel) is considered a big plus.
- Experience with shotgun (or asset tracking systems) is considered a big plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast paced production.
Please include your reel with your application