Salary range is $63,971 to $110,897 per annum, established in terms of relevant educational qualifications and experience.
*Please note, this job posting will close at midnight on the posting closing date, therefore, please apply on or before May 23rd, 2019.
*This position is being reposted from R113153 (2 positions). One position has been filled, one position remains vacant.
Under the direction of the Chair, Media Studies, the Professor, is responsible for facilitating and guiding learning and providing an effective learning environment for all students. The professional responsibilities include:
The design/revision/updating of courses, including:
- consulting with program and course administrators and other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
- defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
- specifying and approving learning approaches, necessary resources, etc.
- incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of 21st Century students
- reviewing and revising curriculum and participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
The teaching of assigned courses, including:
- delivery of regularly scheduled instruction in the Fall, Winter, or Summer terms in home department or across departments
- ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
- providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
- providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologies
- evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
The provision of academic leadership, including:
- providing guidance to students, to instructors, and to part-time professors relative to the professor’s teaching assignments
- participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental/faculty meetings
- liaising with community members, engaging in program, Department, School or Faculty, and College promotion
- remaining current in the field of study and maintain awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching and learning in higher education
- modeling the College values – Caring. Learning. Integrity. Respect.
- Minimum of a four year degree or equivalent in a game development, art or design related field.
- Minimum 5 years practical experience related to the field of study, focusing on game design or art asset creation.
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience, preferably at a post-secondary level.
- Experience with game related art asset production software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Autodesk 3ds Max, or Autodesk Mudbox.
- Experience with both traditional and digital art creation is considered an asset.
- Experience with game engine software, such as Unreal or Unity is considered an asset.
- Highly effective oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a postsecondary setting is considered an asset.
- Experience in curriculum design and development is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of educational technologies; experience in the development and delivery of hybrid and online curriculum is considered an asset
- Demonstrated skill in Algonquin College’s preferred teaching competencies as set out in the Professor of the 21st Century document: http://www.algonquincollege.com/pd/professor-of-the-21st-century/
- Evidence of commitment to the success of all learners
Algonquin College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. However internal candidates will receive first consideration based on qualifications. If you are invited for an interview, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you may require. Workplace accommodations are available. While we thank all those who apply, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
For a copy of the complete job description please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.