Imagine a world where you only have ONE shot to find product/market fit. That’s the world that storytellers live in. Tales is making the modern book. We connect writers to data, upgrade their monetization, and give them the tools to create new storytelling formats. Creators are making everything from visual novels to RPGs on our platform. Think Roblox for fiction writers.
Join us and together we’ll connect storytellers with consumers, cut out the gatekeepers, and build the next Netflix powered by creators in the process.
Developers at Tales will do a little bit of everything to deliver great experiences to our readers and writers. We expect you to have launched multiple web apps and touched a large variety of systems. We’re looking for leaders who can clear the way for their colleagues. Responsive web clients? Piece of cake. Data-driven systems? Obviously. Tools that empower the team? You’ve lost track of how many things you’ve built to help others or yourself save time. You have your choice of which companies to work for but you’re strongly driven by mission and values.
- Content Authoring Tools: Pioneer tools that allow writers to add visuals, audio, interactivity, and monetization to stories.
- Asset Library: We have the largest asset library in fiction today and your job is to expand it further and improve the fidelity at the same time.
- Publishing: Develop systems that allow writers to publish content, collect insights, and improve monetization. You’ll be giving writers perspectives they’ve never had before.
- Language: Fluency with React/ES6 and Python.
- Intuition: Understanding of when to hack-n-ship vs. when to build robust systems.
- Experience: Must have shipped live web/mobile apps and worked with cloud services like AWS.
- Bonus: Experience with UI/UX and empathy for creators.
Top Five Reasons You Should Join Tales
- Mission: Only 5% of published fiction is written by POC. We’re building the platform to change the voices and stories that are heard and amplified. Diversity isn’t an afterthought, it’s core to our business.
- Innovation: You’ll be building mixed media and interactive content creation tools creatives have never seen. This is why veteran interactive writers around the world (TellTale, BioWare, Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard, PocketGems, etc) have already started creating original franchises on our platform.
- Impact: You’ll be the hero of creators who will be able to make a sustainable living by reaching their fans directly on our platform. When they succeed in creating household names, you’ll know you had an integral part in bringing that to life.
- Upside: Being an early team member means you get to shape our journey in meaningful ways. Economically, you’ll own a piece of a more engaging and democratized version of Kindle or Netflix.
- Fun: The journey may be long but you’re working at the intersection of media and technology. This isn’t a payment processor (nothing wrong with that if that’s your cup of tea – but here there be games!).