Mojiworks is a startup obsessed with making the best games for the Snapchat generation - the 400M+ people who connect with friends and family using Snapchat. Our games - like Ready Chef Go!, the realtime co-op cooking game with 70M+ players so far - help Snapchatters around the world make real friends through fun.
We use cutting-edge web tech to make our native-quality 3D games playable instantly in the spaces where friends hang out together most.
We're guided by our belief that high-empathy collaboration of diverse and talented teams is how we'll do the best work of our careers, right here.
What you'll be doing:
You’ll contribute in a big way to designing games that pioneer how millions of people play together. You'll use your knowledge of game mechanics, mobile play-styles, and free-to-play design to help us build new games for Snap.
You'll work on the new and captivating design space of games built for Snapchat. You’ll capture feedback from multiple sources - including your colleagues, user testing, and analytics reports - and formulate designs that improve the user experience and mitigate issues.
You’ll use your technical skills to build prototypes, run experiments, and be an integral part of our development process.
What we are looking for:
- Excitement about crafting new free-to-play games in a unique social space
- Deep knowledge of games, and a love of playing them
- Love of collaborating in small teams to take games from original concept through to launch and live development
- Inquisitive & empathetic nature
You're good at:
- Analytically understanding the mobile/social game space and free-to-play design
- Deconstructing systems and economies
- Crafting features to deliver excellent engagement, retention, and monetisation
- Empathising with players using personas and user testing
- Using tools for game prototyping and predictive modelling
You might also have:
- Background in other game company roles
- UX experience for mobile titles
We're committed to building a team as diverse as our players, and eagerly welcome differences in background, life experience and culture. With us, you'll help to break down barriers within the gaming and tech industries. You'll help us to create an impactful and ethical company, and grow right along with us. If this speaks to you, we encourage you to apply.