Funcom is looking for a talented External Producer based in Oslo, Norway to handle the management of the company’s publishing projects. The role’s responsibilities include the continuous communication with developers, the management of work pipelines, project finances, team management, internal and external resource management and the successful timely launch of the projects/titles.
- Oversee development of publishing projects by working with external developers and resources as the day-to-day point of contact
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve problems, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively across a spectrum of Business, Creative, Technology, and External partners/personnel at all levels of the organization
- Work with leadership to establish and maintain the product/game’s vision, feature set, scope, schedule and budget
- Identify and fix bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term
- Act as primary point of contact with Marketing, PR, Sales, Operations, QA, Localization and other supporting departments
- Use project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality
- Prepare Presentations on status for the Executive Team
- Additional duties include assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products
- 3+ years of experience working as a Producer on an internal or external development teams within the video game industry.
- Experience in a production role shipping at least one PC/console title.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with project management & version control software tools such as JIRA and Perforce.
- Experience using Agile methodology.
- Open to International travel.
- Authorized to work in Europe.
- The ability to work during various times of the day with different time zones.
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering and art
- Scrum Master certification
- To identify yourself with, and embrace, our company values
- To have good written and oral communication skills in English
- To have a passion for games and your profession
- To relocate to Oslo
- To be able to work independently and to be self-directing
- Strong company values
- Challenging and interesting work
- A position the right candidate can greatly influence
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension plan
- Offices located smack in the middle of Oslo
- A studio with employees from more than 20 countries
- Social events and gatherings
- Health initiatives such as free access to gym, massages during work hours etc.
- World class public healthcare
- Free public schools
- Modern infrastructure
- Excellent public transportation
- Fluent English speaking population
Please apply in English.
If you do not have extensive experience but still feel you would be a good match for us, please send us some samples demonstrating your ability.