Location - Kelowna, Vancouver, Seattle, or Remote from Canada, Washington, or California state. We are open to providing relocation and work permit assistance for international candidates relocating to British Columbia (Canada).
The Executive Producer is responsible for mentoring the Games group, driving toward our vision of entertaining, connecting and inspiring billions of fans. Reporting to the SVP, Portfolio, the Executive Producer will oversee the Games group, engaging with other teams as business projects and needs emerge.
Our Executive Producer will ensure that what matters most to Hyper Hippo is at the center of decision-making, including developing all-ages experiences, and thinking globally. This person will bring emotional intelligence, leadership, games expertise, and futuristic thinking to everything we do. The Executive Producer knows our current and potential game player audiences and what they want, and is always looking for ways to engage and entertain them.
An Executive Producer’s Impact
People Leadership (approx. 40% of role)
- Guide, direct, coach and engage the Games leadership team toward optimal performance
- Elevate and inspire the Games leadership team through empowerment and coaching to help the team deliver their best work and achieve product outcomes
- Utilize a coach-approach to ensure that each person reporting to you clearly understands their role, their contributions to the success of the company, and is equipped with the tools and support they require to be successful
- Set the tone for other people leaders so that all Games team leaders are having regular career conversations with members of their team
- Actively support hiring processes in cooperation with People & Culture, Talent Acquisition and other leaders through the company
Games Development & LiveOps (approx. 40%)
- Provide strategic vision to the Games group, including LiveOps and new games, to ensure we produce and develop games with high production values, roadmaps and defined growth strategies
- Define best practices for games development, from how to build a game from the ground up, to managing the day to day live service
- Ensure the strategy and vision for each game is clear
- Evaluate games opportunities from a player-focused and business lens
- Greenlight projects for development - team size, budget, duration, product goals, key milestones and dates
- Connect regularly with the Player Experience team and Marketing group to hear concerns and requests from the audience, and educate the team on game development and production mindset
- Ensure decision-making is pushed deeply into the Games group
- Ensure the team is aligned with the Vision, Mission, and Values of the company
- Cultivate excellence in creativity, problem solving, and teamwork, leveraging expertise within the company to build new products and ship them, and measure their success
- Digest and review data (acquisition, retention, engagement, monetization, virality) and proactively identify and implement optimizations to player experience and core financial performance
Strategic Leadership (approx. 20%)
- Help foster a creative culture, ensuring our games have vision champions
- Guide the Games group in the development and execution of an aligned set of goals that support the achievement of the Company’s vision and mission, as identified by the Executive Leadership Team
- Meet with the SVP, Portfolio regularly to ensure alignment and strong communication
- Collaborate with all teams and departments, breaking down silos to optimize internal expertise and contribute to unity in the company
- Ensure clarity of long, medium and short-range goals within the Games team and alignment with the rest of the company
- Connect with each leader of the Games group frequently and regularly to ensure and calibrate alignment, evaluate timelines, and ensure collaboration is happening effectively
- Conduct monthly department team meetings to provide group coaching, ensure consistent communication and cascade key messages throughout the Games group
- Oversee Games group budgets, headcount plan, approve employee expense reports and other significant studio purchases
- Teamwork & Building Effective Teams
- Goal Orientation
- Employee Development & Coaching
- Emotional Intelligence
- Futuristic Thinking
Your Track Record Includes
- You want to make a difference in the world through your work
- Working knowledge of mobile video games and the video game industry
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective games strategy
- Understanding of the video game production process and entertainment trends
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Creative, collaborative, and attuned to people and how to coach and support
- A passion for the video game industry and motivation to adapt and impact its constantly evolving rhythm
Hyper Hippo Welcomes Everyone to Apply!
Hyper Hippo is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate every single person and what makes them unique. Having a workforce composed of individuals with different experiences and backgrounds allows our team to make better decisions and create new and exciting ideas to bring to our players. We strive for every Hippo to feel a true sense of belonging and trust.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use and please reach out if you require any accommodations or support during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salary and extraordinary incentive plan tied to company goals
- Extended health, dental & vision benefits, a health & wellness spending account, and an employee & Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks vacation + paid winter holiday closure + 10 paid personal/sick days per year
- Annual $3,000 self development budget to attend conferences, courses, training – you name it!
- Work Style Benefit - $100/month stipend to help cover the cost of parking, home internet, fitness apps - whatever you need to be comfortable working from home or in one of our hub offices!
- Home Ergonomic Benefit for your home office - $1,000
- Paid short or long term parental leave
- Charitable gift matching up to $1,000 per year for recognized causes that you support + 3 paid volunteer days per year
We’re Digital First!
- We have 3 hub offices located in Kelowna, Vancouver and Seattle along with remote employees across North America
- Our hub offices are accessible and set up to accommodate your preferences; from casual drop-ins, to a dedicated desk, it’s up to how you work best!
- If you’re based outside of one of our office hub locations, you can work remotely, with some occasional travel to BC
What We’re Building at Hyper Hippo Entertainment
Hyper Hippo is an award-winning entertainment studio, driven to entertain, connect, and inspire billions of fans around the world.
Founded in 2012, by the creator of Club Penguin, Lance Priebe, Hyper Hippo is the studio behind the smash-hit idle games, AdVenture Capitalist (with 50+ million players), and AdVenture Communist - a cult mobile hit. Hyper Hippo brings together an exceptionally creative team that is relentlessly focused on innovating and exploring new forms of entertainment.