iRacing.com, the industry leader in PC-Based racing simulation and eSports, is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented Environment Artist.
As an Environment Artist at iRacing.com, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks focused on bringing our racetracks to life. iRacing.com is a simulation of the real world, and the assets you create will be sourced from photographs and laser scan data. In this role, you will see all your assets through to completion, so you must be proficient in 3D modeling, UV mapping, and texturing. Our rending engine is a modern PBR environment, and you will create photorealistic texture materials, including albedo, metallic/roughness, ao, and normal maps.
If you have a strong foundation in realistic environments and a broad level of experience with both modeling and texturing, this could be a great opportunity for you to join our growing company and help build the world's #1 eSport racing simulation.
- Generalist background able to transition from modeling to texturing to production as required by a project.
- Adaptability and willingness to challenge yourself, build your skillset and tackle new techniques and tasks to build the best game possible.
- Experience creating natural materials such as grasses and other earthen materials, foliage, etc.
- Ability to create photorealistic assets that are not stylized
- Ability to work well self-directed
- Expert level 3D Studio Max
- Expert level Photoshop
- Experience with Substance Painter
- 3+ years experience in professional game art development
- At least 1 shipped title as an environment artist
- Passion for motorsports a plus
- Experience with high res sculpting for normal maps (zbrush, mudbox)
- Experience with Speedtree
- Experience capturing reference photography