Within is looking for an Engineering Lead to join our small team of world-class engineering leaders.
What you’ll do:
As the Engineering Lead you’ll be responsible for the client-side infrastructure that delivers high-quality AR experiences to Within customers. You'll lead a group of engineers engaged across a spectrum of hardware platforms. The range of work includes mobile services SDK integration, client-side technology development, content tools, and pipeline development, and plenty of optimizing for mobile-specific hardware. In short, you own key pieces of the experience every time someone enters Within on a mobile device.
In addition to deep and broad software development expertise, the ideal candidate will bring a passion for architecting high-quality entertainment software that operates flawlessly at scale, and the ability to work non-technical statements of intent into actionable technical plans. We can promise you’ll never be bored!
The impact you’ll make:
- First and foremost, help us to deliver innovative AR experiences across a wide range of target mobile platforms at scale
- Comfortable mixing hands-on technical work with technical leadership of a high-caliber, agile team
- Drive pragmatic software design and implementation plans based on company vision, firm timelines, and a rapidly evolving hardware base
- Extend and maintain software engineering standards for the engineering team
- Evaluate code performance and quality, coach and mentor team members
- As part of the Within engineering leadership team, identify opportunities and risks, share best practices and implement effective development processes
- Formulate staffing plans and help recruit more world-class talent to the team
What you’ll need to be successful:
- CS, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree is preferred
- Six or more years working in an engineering domain relevant to the listed responsibilities, including experience leading engineering teams
- Substantial professional Unity development experience
- A proven track record of having launched product that has operated successfully at scale across one or more mobile ecosystems
- Solid understanding of mobile hardware and how to optimize for performance including use of Instruments + GPU captures on native clients.