The Proletariat team is growing, and we are looking for an Engineering Lead to help manage our growing team of local and remote engineers building Spellbreak, Proletariat’s latest game developed using Unreal Engine 4. In this role you will lead a small team of engineers, working closely with your direct reports, product managers, designers, QA, and other engineering teams to develop features and systems for Spellbreak.
- Manage a team of local and remote software engineers.
- Provide technical leadership to architect and design large projects and new products, focusing on long-term technology strategies.
- Create a collaborative and inclusive engineering team culture where members continuously improve their skills, while ensuring they feel connected to our product, customers, and overall company results
- Communicate expectations, feedback, and context to team members, partners and stakeholders early and often.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Identify and track key metrics to improve team management, accountability, productivity, decision making, and achievement of business
- 5 years professional experience in game development.
- At least 2 years professional experience leading development teams or other management experience
- Professional development experience with C/C++.
- Shipped real-time 3D PC/Console titles.
- Experience with other high-level programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, C#…), with Haxe (https://haxe.org/) being preferred.
- Experience with web technologies such as RESTful APIs, node.js, redis, and cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or similar services is preferred.