You will join the team that drives ATA’s culture in this dynamic role that owns our employer branding initiatives. You tell our story in order to attract, engage and hire the best talent. You not only act as the voice of the company but also define the visual characteristics that reflect ATA’s identity. You work closely with key stakeholders, including our CEO and Creative Director, to execute on ATA’s brand strategy. You are a brand ambassador in our communities and seek new ways to engage with those groups. You are constantly thinking about how to align current employees and future hires with our brand.
This is a one year leave replacement contract, and we have big goals for your time at ATA: exploring new channels for sharing employee-driven content, elevating our internal and external brand touchpoints, refining our recruitment marketing tactics and expanding our communities. This is your chance to shape ATA’s brand landscape.
The People Team is responsible for employer branding, recruitment, training and development and employee experience, and as a core member you will help us on our mission of finding the best people externally so that we can build a strong connected community internally. Our end goal is unwavering: to be an employer of choice.
Things you will work on:
- Manage and expand ATA’s online presence (social, press, career sites, etc.) with a focus on sharing our culture to grow our audiences and attract talent
- Write creative, persuasive copy for a wide range of audiences (social, press, internal employees, communities, candidates, etc.) and act as the in-house editor for all copy related to the ATA brand
- Tell ATA’s story, reporting on the happenings and culture at ATA
- Oversee the production of all internal and external brand touchpoints to ensure cohesive visual branding (company swag, event collateral including banners and postcards, etc.)
- Partner with our Recruiter to focus on hiring priorities, creating content to increase brand presence in new markets and attracting top talent
- Direct our community engagement portfolio to broaden ATA’s presence by exploring sponsorship and partnership opportunities (career fairs, campus recruiting events, industry events, mentorships, studio tours, speaking engagements, etc.) and assessing how they align with business needs
- Promote ATA’s story and culture internally and externally through the creation of various cultural artifacts to drive candidate attraction and employee engagement
Who you are:
- Strong project management skills
- A+ storyteller communicated through your strong writing
- Meticulous proofreading and copyediting ability
- Eye for aesthetics–you’re obsessed with the details and getting it right visually
- Graphic design skills you use to create and refresh brand assets
- Keen interest in branding–you follow brands and care about brand engagement
- Ability to talk to anyone in any situation
- Lead your own projects and push things forward in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Google suite or similar tools
Tell us if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related fields
- Experience in recruiting, e-marketing or social media promotions
- Experience managing website content
- Experience in graphic design (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Worked with freelancers and other external contractors
- Understanding of gamer culture as it reflects on brands of other companies
While everyone on our team is different, to thrive here you should:
- Be self motivated, take pride in your work and enjoy huge amounts of ownership
- Set aside your ego and have wonderful arguments with your coworkers in order to create something better than any one person could individually
- Challenge your own assumptions and use data to make decisions whenever possible
- Be passionate about teaching others what you know and continuing your own growth every day
- Not be afraid to fail–you experiment and learn from your mistakes
A Thinking Ape is an independent mobile games developer with big ambitions. We are a team of 65 people + 5 dogs (depending on the day), growing in the heart of downtown Vancouver. On Wednesdays we all eat catered lunch together. So far taco bars are our favourite, but we're open to new suggestions.
Our years of success comes down to our belief in people: both our team and our players. We build games that foster communities and provide our players with tools to interact in deeply strategic and passionate ways, creating something that becomes a part of their lives. But building games of this quality is challenging, so we work hard to find the smartest and most talented people in the world, then give you the freedom to do your best work.
We champion a culture of ownership, based on exploration and debate regardless of position. Our team is supported with an open concept studio space, movable standing workstations and employee-determined work schedules. We keep communication flowing with quarterly State of the Ape all-hands meetings, mid-quarter updates with our leadership team, monthly Ask a Founder Fridays, and regular 1:1s with your lead.
Looking for more information? Check out our story to find out how we got to where we are today, and learn about our culture by following #thisisata on social. You can also listen to Kenshi Arasaki, ATA Co-Founder and CEO, talk about what it’s like to work here.
We value passion and diversity and believe that our differences make us better as a collective. If you’re ready to make the next generation of top grossing mobile games, we’d love to hear from you!