Join a fast-growing portfolio of consumer digital media properties that total 30M users per month! Our largest and most successful product in our portfolio (WordFinder.com) is looking to add a new Editor in Chief. If the idea of editing and writing about everything to do with word games gets your heart racing, we want to talk to you! LoveToKnow Media Editors and Writers are experts in their fields and offer original, insightful, useful content. The candidate must have extensive experience and passion for word games and the word games market. This position is located remotely, so you get to work from home!
About the Role
The Editor in Chief is responsible for editing content submitted and writing articles to ensure overall quality as well as adherence to our guidelines and best practices. The Editor in Chief reports to the Senior Product Manager of Global Content Strategy. The Editor in Chief is also responsible for monitoring and adding new titles and/or updating existing content, editing other writers’ work, and performing other editorial tasks as assigned.
As the Editor in Chief you will:
- Write and submit content for WordFinder a part of YourDictionary.com
- Edit all content submitted by other writers. This includes editing for spelling and grammar, as well as testing links, fact-checking, reviewing formatting, and ensuring that all content meets or exceeds site standards
- Revise and resubmit articles as requested
- Ensure that all articles are written in a manner consistent with guidelines, practices, and article notes
- Strategize topic and content ideas with product manager and content manager
- Monitor feedback on existing titles
- Manage image needs
- Attend meetings with availability for a start of 7am PST
- Provide feedback, ideas, and suggestions for improving the reader experience, editing or writing process, or any other aspect of the editorial and product process
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Expertise in the Word Game space
- Excellent command of the English language
- High attention to detail
- Excellent research skills
- Familiarity with writing for the web audience and content SEO
- Ability to think like our audience and recognize quality content
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility to take on a variety of content channels, projects, and other tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Proven management experience
Equipment Required (Remote Position)
Writers and editors are responsible for ensuring they have consistent access to reliable Internet.
About LoveToKnow Media
LoveToKnow Media’s websites comprise one of the largest digital media companies in the US. Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30-million unique users and across 100-million page views. LoveToKnow is a virtual remote work company in the US and employees telecommute in a flexible working environment. We are US based, but also have offices in Barcelona, Spain and India. Learn more at www.lovetoknowmedia.com. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies and has invested in over 60 early-stage startups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and Hotel Tonight. Howard is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.' Learn more at www.howardlove.com.