Proletariat is seeking a director-level publishing executive to grow and drive our self-publishing initiatives for Spellbreak and future titles. This individual will work closely with the other executive staff and manage their own division to deliver on high level studio objectives. Proletariat has established itself as a strong self-publishing studio with a goal to grow that expertise internationally and across multiple platforms. This candidate will be a curious learner constantly looking for new opportunities and innovations with a strong sense of execution excellence to ensure success.
- Oversee publishing and marketing for Proletariat, which includes live marketing, acquisition marketing, audience and community management, customer service, partner management, competitive play, and PR.
- Establish publishing and marketing business units, focused on turning Proletariat into a top tier publisher and games as a service leader. This includes recruiting, organizational design, and staff management across publishing, community, customer service, and marketing teams.
- Lead go-to-market strategy, management, and execution for Spellbreak and Proletariat’s products.
- Determine and communicate publishing priorities across products for Proletariat.
- Manage marketing and publishing P&L.
- Investigate and manage new opportunities for regional and platform expansion as the industry continues to grow and evolve.
- Responsible for brand development and management, including franchise-level lifecycle management. Work with team to develop got to market strategy for Spellbreak, establishing it as a global brand and beloved IP.
- Work with team to create large-scale channel strategies for social media, digital advertising, and owned channels.
- Manage publishing, marketing, and agency relationships.
- Develop strong working relationships with fellow executive team members and members of the game development team.
- Manage franchise and marketing plans – including establishing objectives, strategy, and tactics. Work with the team on creation of the plans and final execution.
- Help in proving problem-solving solutions for the business, team, and Proletariat’s customers.
- 8+ years of experience in publishing or marketing
- 3+ years of management experience managing a cross discipline team
- Previous experience publishing and marketing at least 2 shipped titles
- Experience hiring, growing and mentoring a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds
- Proven track record of success hitting marketing and publishing KPIs
- Strong understanding of community, social, marketing and publishing best practices for video games
- Fluent in marketing and publishing metrics
- Passion for games and online communities