WHO WE ARE
Paidia is an innovation company at the nexus of gaming, technology and media. Our mission is to build a safe gaming community for women and allies to engage, empower, connect, learn and play. The company is led by industry experts who are motivated to provide sophisticated solutions that encourage positive voices within the community.
We are pioneering complete gaming connectivity by offering a fully integrated system, PaidaPassage+:
> A PORTAL that brings the entire world of gaming into one platform, and seamlessly combines community, content, tournaments, gameplay and rewards.
> LIVE & ON-DEMAND CLASSES for members that match their goals, experience level and schedule. No marks, just fun : )
> HARDWARE & PERIPHERALS available with a monthly subscription, creating a simple and affordable solution for members to build their gaming community.
We are building an inclusive and supportive community that feels safe for everyone. We are looking for individuals who love gaming as much as we do and share our mission to join our team
Paidia’s Director of Partnerships is a key member of the leadership team and responsible for developing industry relationships as a critical piece of our community. Our industry partnerships drive the change we want to see in the world and the Director of Partnerships will have an external facing mandate to identify, nurture and grow a network of partnerships that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusivity. Working alongside the CEO, this person will play an important role in driving value and success with our partners and will be vital to our long-term growth. The Director of Partnerships will be immersed in the gaming industry with a strong network of contacts.
Often at the centre of big, ambitious discussions around how we can grow and be the catalyst for change in strategic and impactful ways, the Director of Partnerships will have an opportunity to shape the vision for the company and deal with important issues as they arise. The ideal fit for this dynamic position is a natural connector who thrives in a fast-growing start-up environment and is committed to continuously adding value while co-creating a culture of innovation and agility.
- Develop and implement the strategy for partnership growth and success
- Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships
- Represent the company and act as a resource for clients, partners and agencies
- Act as the primary point of contact and manage relationships with relevant contacts pre-and post-launch of partnership deals
- Design and implement a data management strategy that aggregates priorities and measures the effectiveness of partnership success through metrics and data
- Analyze and track key metrics to identify trends, opportunities through the lens of customer needs
- Work with partners to identify strategic opportunities for continuous improvement
- Partner with Customer Experience team to ensure all partnerships are serving the Paidia community
- Represent the company at industry events in a positive manner with an eye to identify strategic sponsorships
- Create and manage reporting and financial tracking of strategic partnerships
Business Development & Innovation
- Conceptualize and implement the strategy to identify new partnership opportunities
- Design and implement new strategic initiatives that could be built around Paidia’s core values
- Identify trends in the marketplace and monitor the competitive landscape to determine impact and uncover opportunities for innovation and growth through strategic partners
- Keep current with changes in the industry
- Drive revenue growth by working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Partner with the CEO to determine the ideal structure for the Partnership team and iterate as the company grows
- Create executive alignment and commitment on key partnership goals by interfacing with the Paidia leadership team
- Establish cross-functional relationships to support leveraging work done by Marketing and Product teams
- Set and exceed strategic goals and targets through creative and strategic relationship-building
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a Partnership Marketing, Sports Marketing or Director of Partnerships role
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Business Management, Communications, or related field.
- Experience working with partnerships for a gaming company or within the gaming industry
- Strong senior relationships across the gaming industry
- Deep understanding of the gaming industry and familiarity with current platforms, brands and communities serving players
- Passion for diversity and inclusion, especially as it relates to removing barriers for women and girls
- Strong understanding of partnership agreements and collaboration
- Demonstrable competence in strategic planning and development
- Ability to listen to customers and discern needs and value add opportunities, regularly looking for opportunities to improve
- A creative and enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex topics and persuasively engage audiences
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment and eager to jump into startup life
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- What excites you most about this position?
- Partnerships Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Gaming industry: 2 years (preferred)