Proletariat is seeking a finance leader to build and scale the finance function inside a rapidly growing independent game development studio. This individual will be responsible for managing all day to day financial operations within the company and working with partners across the world. Additionally, this person will grow a finance team internally to handle our rapidly scaling business across regions, new platforms and more.
- Act as the primary Finance representative for the studio
- Point of contact for all fiscal compliance related issues
- Advise on best policies and practices to stay compliant with Federal and State regulations
- Partner with designated team leads to build budgets/forecasts, review monthly progress, and identify risks & opportunities to the business
- Build, roll-out, and support new Finance / Accounting systems (e.g. financial planning & reporting, expense report management), including participation in requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, local deployment and relevant training
- Track partner execution via regular digital store checks and oversee resolution of any issues
- Produce high impact presentations for business partners, investors, CEO and executive team
- Drive improvements to the forecast & reporting process to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Support core financial processes (pacing, quarter close and forecasting) by providing analysis on core business performance, consolidation of metrics, and business perspective.
- Develop and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and assess reporting needs to enhance insight into the business and highlight areas of operational improvement, including Digital Customer P&L forecasting, Forecasting and reporting on actual performance of pre-sells, sell-thru trends and promotional results.
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis in support for commercial initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of related financial experience in gaming, entertainment, digital media and/or other consumer-facing industries
- Extensive experience within a global organization managing budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis, with demonstrated ability to partner effectively with senior business leaders
- Strong analytical and technical skills, including accounting concepts and systems expertise
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for data integrity, process definition, and organizational alignment
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, perseverance, and ability to manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Experience scaling in a fast-growing start-up preferred
- Extensive knowledge of financial legislation and best practices for compliance required