Director of Engineering
Storm8 is looking for a talented leader who enjoy building teams, building products, managing and mentoring top tier engineers, and leading teams to market success by delivering exciting new games.
You will experience a dynamic environment where all great ideas are valued and be encouraged to be part of the creative game making process as well as drive innovation in technology.
These are new and innovative games primed for success in a very competitive landscape. You will need to work with artists, game designers, and engineers to deliver fast and iteratively, adjusting to deliver products in short timeframes. You will be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and growing the careers of engineers.
You will collaborate and be a part of the product team to develop new features in our games. You will ensure that the software developed is technically sound by having the ability to deep dive into the details of the services and algorithms.
Having prior experience in the mobile gaming industry is a great plus, and prior leadership experience is a must.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience managing 5+ engineers
- Proven ability to architect and operate large scale systems
- Ability to contribute product ideas and features in games
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, analyze product features, and diagnose technical issues
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and speak on technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new ideas with both technical and non-technical employees
- Experience with solving and operating solutions requiring high availability, highly scaling, low latency solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work well with people
- High attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- History of teamwork and willingness to do what is needed to get the job done