Who We Are:
TurboSquid is now part of the Shutterstock family! The market leader in 3D content since 2000, TurboSquid’s online 3D marketplace serves a passionate community of over four million artists and customers around the world from industries including film and television, retail, gaming, news media, advertising, and architecture. From initiatives like Kraken, our 3D asset management platform, to StemCell, our breakthrough conversion tool, at TurboSquid we continually strive to make 3D more accessible to companies and artists.
Who We're Seeking:
As TurboSquid’s 3D offerings continue to grow, our DevOps crew is seeking a new member to help support our platforms and teams. As an experienced engineer, you leverage your technical background and problem-solving skills to enhance site reliability, automate processes, and build quality infrastructure. You are self-motivated, skilled at communication and collaboration, and comfortable sharing your insights to improve our practices. We have a strong preference for candidates in the New Orleans area but are open to relocation and remote work possibilities as we are mostly working from home these days.
- Proven experience in deploying and maintaining robust, scalable, business-critical high-availability web applications and services
- Experience developing infrastructure-as-code and cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting CI/CD pipelines
- Skilled at building and managing a mixed Windows and Linux server environment
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams to develop quality tech solutions
- Remote troubleshooting and issue analysis expertise
- Robust technical documentation skills
- Comfortable with on-call rotation, occasional after-hours work, and emergency incident response
- Cloud deployment to AWS including EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, and Lambda
- Datadog, ELK, and Grafana infrastructure monitoring
- Container management with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ansible config management and automation scripting
- Proxies, caching, and load balancing with nginx, varnish, and haproxy
- Maintenance and reporting of MS SQL and Postgres databases
- Atlassian issue and project management with JIRA
- Version control with git and GitHub
- vSphere virtualization
- Experience with Python, Go, Ruby, and/or Ruby on Rails a plus
What You'll Be Doing:
You will manage an array of heterogeneous web services and environments (ColdFusion/MSSQL and Ruby on Rails/Postgres) including on-premises and cloud sites; Linux, Windows, and Mac environments; and SaaS, off-the-shelf, and custom-built tooling. Deploying, securing, monitoring, and improving these are the DevOps Engineer’s primary responsibility.
TurboSquid also operates a 100+ node 2D/3D render farm that produces thousands of quality assets every day. As DevOps Engineer, you will work with our developers and 3D experts to optimize and scale our farm pipelines.
Based in New Orleans but with team members spread across 5 countries, TurboSquid will have you working with our diverse developer teams to develop, test, and release our constantly-evolving technology stacks.
Benefits and Perks:
TurboSquid offers a competitive salary with flexible work hours, 401k match, group healthcare coverage, 15 days of paid time off, and 9 company holidays each year.
Before applying, please review our website, create a member account, peruse the site, and learn about our basic business model. If you meet the outlined requirements and are interested in the position, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (as the body of the email) that discusses your most important skills that match this job description; make sure to include your TurboSquid member account name in the cover letter
- Resume (as an attachment to email)
- Put “DevOps Engineer” in the subject line of yo ur email (otherwise your application may get lost)
TurboSquid is an Equal Opportunity Employer