Founded in 1996, Aspyr Media, Inc. got its start in Austin, TX by bringing the biggest PC gaming franchises such as Call of Duty, Sid Meier’s Civilization and Star Wars to Mac. Today, Aspyr is a video game publishing and development partner focused on maximizing the potential of games. We find the world's best games and connect them to new audiences, on all platforms.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the DevOps Engineer will be responsible for infrastructure projects and processes including the integration, maintenance and implementation of on-premise and cloud infrastructure as well as SaaS applications. This role will also focus on scalability, automation and establishing tools and practices to streamline development and improve system availability and performance.
- Work with the Engineering, IT and Creative teams to test system integrity and speed up development and deployment
- System administration of Linux systems in both test and production environments
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Build scripts to automate common server tasks
- Manage system and server migrations
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Provide emergency response, lead complex troubleshooting, and implement remediation plans
- Collaborate with other engineers to help build tools and systems that support and enhance our game development efforts
- Brainstorm new ideas to improve development delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems
- 5+ years experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- 3+ years experience in a Linux based System Administrator or DevOps Engineer role, ideally within the video game industry
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and Perforce
- Prior hands on experience with server and system migrations
- Experience working with AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins and TeamCity a plus
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, Agile workflow methodologies
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services
Aspyr is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aspyr are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aspyr will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Aspyr encourages applicants of all ages.