SuperTeam Games is a Remote-First Company. All roles, unless specified, can be performed remotely within normal or pre-approved business hours (Pacific Time Zone).
About SuperTeam Games
SuperTeam Games is creating a new breed of Sports Games that are fast, fun, easy to play, and offer a fresh take on the genre.
About the Role:
We are looking for a contract or part-time VFX Artist to collaborate closely with the Art Director to define the vision and produce mind blowing VFX art.
A day in the life of our VFX Artist:
- Create high quality VFX ART
- Collaborate with Animators, Engineers and Designers to create beautiful assets without sacrificing performance
- Assist in planning the asset production schedule, VFX pipeline and workflow
- Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration
- Communicate closely with art, production and design to execute on the vision
- Deliver against time, quality, and technical constraints
- 3+ years of game development experience as a VFX artist specializing in VFX art and animation using Max/Maya, After Effects (or other compositing software), and Unity
- Experience creating high quality VFX art and animation for character, environment, and props
- Deep knowledge of 3D particle systems (Max/Maya and Unity)
- Experience creating VFX shaders in Unity, including animated UVs, transparency and advanced materials and shaders for a wide range of effects
- Understanding of optimization and technical constraints on VFX creation
- Knowledge of the pre-production process for high end 3D game development
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience integrating and implementing VFX animations from Max/Maya into Unity is a major plus
- Experience with rendered game cinematics VFX is a plus
- Experience in PC, console and mobile is a plus
- Experience working as a Tech Artist is a plus