The contract QA TESTER at Armature will work closely with other members of the development team to test game features as they are being developed. The job involves playing (i.e., testing) the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. Testers are responsible for assuring quality in the final product and for finding flaws in a game before it goes public.
This is a 6 month contract with possibility of extension. Relocation is not available for this position.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong inter-personal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of pro-activeness and sense of urgency.
- Risk assessment pertaining to software testing.
- Very detail oriented.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to categorize bugs and able to prioritize.
- Must be able to maintain concentration while playing games for long periods.
- Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking software a plus.
- Preferred: at least 1 year previous experience as a game industry QA tester.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.
- Must be local to Austin, Texas.