The Contract 3D Artist will work closely with the project’s lead artist and game designer to creative exciting, lively art pieces for Armature’s latest project. The person in this role will specialize in modeling props and asset pieces for environments.
This job is a three to four month contract position, 40 hours per week, working on site. Relocation is not available for this position.
If interested in applying, send resume and a link to your portfolio to: email@example.com
- Support the game design with amazing art! Tasks range from creation of props, modeling, and implementing in Unreal 4.
- Work within technical standards and limitations set forth by the game, creating highly optimized art that still looks great!
- Maintain the artistic goals for the game. Understand and work within the style set forth by Game Director, Art Lead, and concepts.
- Know and play the game so that you understand how the work you do relates to the player experience.
- Learn and become proficient at art pipelines created to put assets in game, as well as alter them once inside the Unreal 4 Editor.
- Manage your time and create estimates of how long your work will take with production and other teammates.
- Communicate clearly, be eager to learn always, and be a great teammate!
- Previous game studio experience preferred
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop, and Unreal 4
- Strong 3D modeling experience
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to follow existing guidelines, policies, procedures or project parameters.
- Trained in Art/Design with emphasis on composition, color theory, and shape language.
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship.
- Local to Austin, TX.
- Experience creating Maya tools
- Technical knowledge of shaders and Unreal 4 blueprints
- VR game experience