Proletariat is looking for a Content / Narrative Designer for Spellbreak, our upcoming multiplayer action-spellcasting game. This role works closely with the other designers, product managers, and artists to create interesting and compelling content and stories for our players. Want to create a rich world full of magic and possibilities from the ground up? This role might be for you!
- Concept, pitch, and create the backstory for the world of Spellbreak.
- Develop and write quests, both main "story" quests as well as one-off "side quests" for our Chapter system to deliver ongoing content to players using Excel, Unreal Engine 4, and proprietary tools.
- Write compelling player-facing lore and content for use both in and out of game.
- Ensure a coherent world design and tone across the game's content and systems.
- Contribute to and shape the story bible and compendium detailing the backstories, names, descriptions, behaviors, and other facets of the various items, locations, and mechanics in the game.
- Give critical feedback to the rest of the team about the game as a whole.
- Edit the writing of other members of the team.
- 3+ years of professional experience in content/narrative design.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (literature, history, marketing, journalism, etc)
- Prior shipped content in RPGs, MMORPGs or action RPGs, or another content-heavy genre.
- A deep understanding of storytelling, especially as it relates to games
- Familiarity with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc) and/or narrative design tools (Twine, Inform, ChoiceScript, etc)
- Excellent fiction and non-fiction writing skills