EQ-Games, creators of Road Redemption (https://store.steampowered.com/app/300380/Road_Redemption/ ), is an experienced indie development studio in Atlanta, with a commitment to high quality, innovative, technically excellent games that stand out from the crowd.
We are looking for a 2D concept art generalist who specializes in pre-production work. This will include Concept Art, Storyboards and Animatics that will be used in guiding development, style, and game feel for an unnamed PvE third person shooter with groundbreaking technology and a unique setting for PC, Xbox Series S/X, and PS5.
EQ-Games is a well-funded videogame developer and indie videogame publisher, with a commitment to high quality, technically excellent games that people are proud to put on their resumes!
The artist will be working alongside the studio founders/art team/lead programmers in a fun, friendly environment where experimentation is encouraged and an iterative approach is taken to development.
The ideal candidate will meet the criteria below:
- Work closely with the Art Director and other artists to define the look of the project, from global 'broad stroke vision' and mood to its specific, individual pieces.
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Director and other relevant departments.
- Create exploratory sketches and visual target illustrations of characters, environments, vehicles, weapons and props.
- Create orthographic projections or construction guides for characters, environments, vehicles, weapons, and props with an emphasis on contextually-appropriate form and function as well as material and texture.
- Able to render a wide range of time periods and world scenarios (scifi future, medieval kingdom, apocalyptic present day, modern civilization etc.)
- Comfortable guiding the work of in-house and remote GUI artists, 2d animators, and 3d environmental artists
- Passion for playing and creating games
- In-house or remote but ideally willing to come into office multiple times a week.
- Strong grasp of human anatomy as well as industrial, architectural, and graphic design, coupled with strong traditional art fundamentals.
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, or other equivalent software.
- Ability to work collaboratively, open to direction and able to embrace change
- Creative thinking, able to give life to the world and characters illustrated, (story, the reason why characters do what they do etc.)
- Not a requirement but a plus: Understanding of 3d procedures and implementation of 3d assets to game engines, familiarity with 3D software (3ds Max, Maya etc.)