Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
They're so real that NASA, through the Translation Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH), has charged us with building a virtual human simulation framework to simulate changes that occur to the human body in space. Level Ex will expand on this framework to recreate spaceflight medical scenarios for astronauts to train prior to space missions.
We attract top artists, engineers, and designers from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re now looking for an experienced Concept Artist (Contractor) to join our team
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Creating gameplay sequence storyboards, concept sketches, model sheets, environment ideation, VFX storyboards, and promotional key art
- Concepting asset creation from start-to-finish
- Visualizing pitch documents and creating finished illustrations
- Visualizing and creating 2D concepts for how assets will function in 3D space
- Working closely with our art director, producers, designers, UX designers, UI artists, and others
- Understanding and pushing the visual direction of our games
Who We Want To Interview
- 3+ years of concept art experience working at a game studio(s)
- 2+ released games on mobile, PC, or console platforms
- Experience creating concepts in a variety of visual styles
- Proven ability to communicate game design ideas visually
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience both giving and receiving critiques
- A portfolio that demonstrates the requirements mentioned above
Bonus Points Award For
- Experience working on mobile games
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
How We Make You Happy
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation, and plenty of nearby food options
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
Please send us a link to your online portfolio as part of your resume or LinkedIn profile. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.