Harmonix, the studio that created the blockbuster franchises Rock Band and Dance Central, is looking for an experienced Community Manager to support our growing portfolio of genre-defining music games. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of experience, is passionate about games and music and is excited by the opportunity to develop communities around our upcoming, unannounced titles.
The Community Manager reports to the Director of Communications and will:
- Establish a relationship of mutual respect with the community
- Contribute to the development of strategic marketing and communications plans for our titles
- Work closely with the internal team and write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials and create materials for social media channels
- Interact with our community on Harmonix-owned channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Discord and forums
- Identify community sentiment and pain points and discuss with internal teams how to address and respond as needed
- Participate in studio Twitch/Mixer/etc. streams
- Establish metrics for growing, engaging and retaining the member base; regularly analyze & report on community sentiment & advise on marketing adjustments according to performance
- Manage relationships with community partners such as fan sites, influencers, content creators, and volunteer networks
- Contribute to the design and execution of industry and online events. Demo games at various tradeshows and press events when necessary
- Oversee customer support vendor(s)
- A passion for video games and music
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications or related discipline
- 3-5 years of personnel and community management experience, including digital / social media and content management preferred
- Ability to analyze online metrics, interpret data and provide recommendations
- Experience creating, moderating, and/or managing a range of social channels, including web sites, forums, social sites, feeds, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, writing samples required
- Work well in a collaborative, team environment. Highly organized, proactive, and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills and pitch in wherever needed in the Publishing organization
Harmonix is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/AAP
Harmonix is committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest interactive music experiences in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQI+ community to apply.