We are looking for Combat Designer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for building compelling combat with focus on variety, depth and flexibility. We are looking for someone who feels comfortable collaborating across various disciplines, and has experience building and tuning engaging encounters.
- Develop and own robust and satisfying combat systems.
- Work closely with Systems Design to fully exploit player progression and reward systems in combat.
- Work closely with Animation to prototype and iterate on the look and feel of combat movement.
- Work closely with Level Design to develop requirements for spaces to fully showcase combat systems.
- Take combat systems from prototype through production, final tuning and shipping.
- Develop and maintain documentation for combat systems.
- Work as an advocate for combat quality across the team.
- Three years of experience in a design role.
- At least one cradle-to-grave shipped title in a design role
- Familiarity and understanding of what drives and hampers quality combat across multiple genres.
- Ability to communicate design needs and goals across disciplines.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Familiarity with UE4.
- Programming experience (C/C++ or equivalent).
- At least one shipped title as a Combat or Systems Designer.
- Strong UE4 experience.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Must be willing to complete a test