Proletariat is looking for a Cinematics Production Designer who can create compelling, exciting videos for our epic spellcasting game, Spellbreak. As a Cinematics Production Designer at Proletariat, you will establish cinematic direction and video editing standards for our studio and manage the capture and editing of sound and video footage for Spellbreak. The ideal candidate will leverage a mix of both creative and technical expertise to create high-quality video content that is consistent with the studio’s tone and visual style.
- Ensure Spellbreak’s video content is consistently of the highest quality
- Work cross-functionally with members of other development teams to ensure content is in keeping with vision and intent of the game
- Serves as creative critic and may serve as final editor.
- Work closely with the Narrative Director and Art Director to help define and execute in-game cinematics and interactive cinematic moments both with an internal team and external partners.
- Unify feedback from key stakeholders and provide clear direction to both internal and external teams, bridging among all disciplines to effectively convey the narrate vision within the cinematic pipeline
- 3+ years working on CG cinematic experiences; lead or directorial role preferred but not required
- Possesses a critical eye for cinematography, with a good understanding of pacing, composition, character performance and camera language.
- The ability to interpret and build upon storyboards, generate previews, and stage and block a scene.
- A solid understanding of acting, weight, timing and line of action, as well as an eye for shot composition, lighting, editing, animation, and VFX
- An in-depth understanding of game engine pipelines and technologies.
- Experience with game engines like Unreal(Sequencer) and Unity
- Solid communication and organizational skills, and the ability to self-start/self-direct
- Ability to quickly learn and master new software
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams and outsourcers
- Receptive to critique and feedback
- Good time management skills, ability to provide oversight to multiple timelines, self-manage and meet deadlines, able to work unsupervised for long periods and able to work under pressure and within quick timelines.
- Mature and trustworthy professional as the role may require exposure to confidential materials.
- Asset management experience required.
- Ability to contribute to early-stage narrative ideation and direction - ability to storyboard and produce animatics a plus