Hardsuit Labs is looking for a Character Animator who can produce a variety of dynamic animations for a wide range of characters. The Character Animator understands gameplay
pipelines and workflows, but mostly is passionate about producing memorable character performances. We at HSL employ a variety of handkey and motion capture techniques and are looking for a strong animator who can contribute immediately to our project. Applicants are happy to dawn the mocap suit and deliver character performance that tell a story, then craft the next great brutal attack. If telling stories through subtle performance and delivering high-impact gameplay experiences is something you are interested in, we would love to hear from you! This is a full-time staff position, located in Seattle, Washington.
- Work directly with the other Animators, Tech Animators, and Designers to identify and execute on the animation needs of the game.
- Assist designers and engineers with game-play prototypes.
- Create character motions through a blend of key-frame animation and motion capture.
- Facilitate and inform tool development.
- Help build and maintain documentation and asset management pipelines.
- 3+ years game animation experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the game art production pipeline.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance.
- Must be proficient in one or more types of 3D software but Primarily Maya and Motion Builder.
- Strong interest in Video Games, storytelling, and Movies.
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- Experience with motion capture data and the mocap pipeline.
- UE4 experience.
- Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Demo Reel
- Must be willing to complete animation art test.