Proletariat is seeking candidates for a dynamic new position which will represent the studio in Business Development activities. The Business Development Manager will play an integral role in making the visions we have for Spellbreak, and future projects, into reality. The individual in this role will not only pursue business opportunities for the studio but also manage relationships with external business partners and interface with internal developers of all levels to execute business strategy for the studio.
- Represents Proletariat Inc as they define, negotiate, and close deals for game development, distribution, publishing, and IP licensing
- Manages and builds upon existing strategic partnerships with indie devs, platforms, game publishers, distribution partners, and IP licensors
- Identifies, researches, and pursues new partnership opportunities for Spellbreak and future projects
- Evaluates incoming business partnership proposals and makes recommendations regarding next steps
- Work closely with internal producers to support key titles on business and operational issues throughout development and post-launch
- Work cross-functionally with content, marketing, legal, finance, and engineering teams to negotiate deal terms, drive special projects, advocate internally for partners, and educate on industry norms
- Help structure external business reviews and surveys to gain strategic partner insights.
- 3-5+ years Experience in Business Development
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or a related field required
- MBA preferred
- Experience at a videogame company
- Previous experience at a start-up company preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- This position is required to travel a minimum 25% of the year