Six Foot is looking for an experienced BI Manager to join their team to help shape the future of a number of new and exciting gaming brands.
Working collaboratively with the live operations team and product development organization, as BI Manager, you will be deeply immersed in the data streams and metrics generated by players of their current and future games. You will help develop insights from internal game data, marketing data and campaigns and partner intelligence. You will be expected to doggedly pursue insights, test assumption relentlessly and develop new measurements of player activity, desire and sentiment. The successful candidate is detail-oriented, passionate about “following the data” wherever it may lead, consumer-mindful, and has a passion for all things gaming. This individual must be highly analytical, prepared to take ownership of the non-engineering aspects of the analytics pipeline, from KPI definition thru tabulation of insights and recommendations. This position requires an inquisitive and thoughtful intellect, and articulate verbal and written communication skills to inform stakeholder’s player behavior insights.
- Together with the Data Engineers, Storefront Managers, and Production Teams, take ownership of the objectives and metrics that comprise the data pipeline, including defining what events are “key”, how data will be structured for timely and efficient storage and retrieval, the frequency, nature, and scope of analysis that is conducted and how insights are reported for the game economy as well as game-play systems and balancing
- Collaborate with the data engineers to help architect data structures in a way that allows for efficient analysis
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of data analysis and visualization tools; Manipulate data using SQL and other programming tools and packages.
- Propose improvements to the data collection, warehousing, and analytics systems for the individual games and for the company as a whole.
- Develop, prepare and maintain/automate the metrics and KPI dashboards for the supported games
- Drive the development of business opportunities within the game for proposed updates, new items, and other initiatives based on analysis and providing perspective and projections for how key metrics and KPIs will be impacted
- Communicate clear and actionable results to the Leadership and to the Production Team
- You will be expected to constantly push for better visibility into what is happening in the game economy and player behaviors
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience in a Business Intelligence or Data Analyst role for an online game (game as a service) or publisher or related service provider
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to deconstruct a problem, develop alternative solutions and hypothesis tests, propose data collection and/or instrumentation approaches, and take the collected data, analyze it and present insights relevant to the original problem raised
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present data and insights clearly to stakeholders
- Sufficient programming or scripting skills to develop tests and retrieve and tabulate results
- Experience in data manipulation and retrieval from relational databases, knowledge of one or more flavors of SQL desirable
- Experience in various methods of statistical modeling
- Knowledge of and participation in PC and/or mobile online games
- 4-year or Master’s degree in economics, statistics, math or other related fields of study, MBA or related graduate degree preferred
Six Foot was founded in 2000 as an interactive agency, building digital experiences designed to make connections between people, brands, and technology more human and meaningful. Now, as a full-service games company with offices in Houston, Los Angeles, and Berlin, we apply that same passion to building extraordinary video games, providing creative direction, game development, marketing and brand management, front and back-end development, customer service, and community support for game publishers.
Six Foot Select was conceived as a solution to a challenge that traditional staffing agencies don’t understand the intricacies and staffing demands of the games industry. Games industry staffing veterans, who are subject matter experts in the gaming space, make up the team of Six Foot Select. The Six Foot Select team considers themselves connectors of dreams and people and that is not a responsibility that they take lightly.