Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Audio Lead to grow, mentor, and advocate for our Audio Team. The Audio Lead will work closely with the Creative Director and other departments to create soundscapes that bring our worlds to life.
You are an audiophile, music freak, and gamer. You are passionate about storytelling with audio and ready to inspire your coworkers with sound. You are a highly skilled sound designer with a deep knowledge of the tools of the trade and of every part of the sound design pipeline – from foley recording to the final mix. You have the experience and creativity to conceive an audio experience to evoke a wide range of emotions in players. You enjoy leading a team with a variety of backgrounds and experience sharing a common focus and goal.
Team leadership. Set priorities and motivate your team members to implement high-quality soundscapes. Be a source of energy, empathy, and trust for your team. Coach and develop team members with positive, constructive feedback and mentorship.
Interdepartmental collaboration. Serve as a role model for working together. Support cross-functional efforts and model collaborative behaviors to set an example for your team. Work with Production to manage delivery plans in accordance with the audio schedule.
Communication champion. Facilitate and value communication in all forms, including one-on-ones, in small or big groups, via email, and Slack.
Project focus: Understand where and how your team’s tasking and priorities fit into the project. Review priorities considering project design goals and translate this understanding into discrete tasks and objectives for your team.
Hands-on developer. Record, edit, create, and implement high quality soundscapes including placing and implementing sound in UE4.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard audio hardware and software.
- Experience leading an in-studio audio team on a high-profile game project.
- Proven ability to translate high-level creative direction into discrete tasks for implementation. Ability to manage delivery plans, schedule, and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and strong collaboration skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of recording, editing, creating, and implementing high quality sound effects in a game development environment. Experience with UE4 is preferred.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in audio technology and processes.
- Audio programming/technical sound design experience a plus.
- Experience with film/cinematic audio a plus.
- Experience with surround mixing a plus.
- Experience with procedural game dialog a plus.
Required Application Materials
- Resume & demo reel.
- Must be willing to complete an audio test.