Proletariat,a Blizzard Entertainment studio, is looking for an Associate Production Director responsible for leading all aspects of production over future World of Warcraft expansions. We are seeking candidates who are motivated by collaborating with a cross-functional team of accomplished and creative game developers, helping them to plan and take concrete steps toward bringing their innovative ideas into reality.
A career at Proletariat means joining a group of hardworking and conscientious game developers who support each other, share skills, and collaborate. We strive to be an exemplary studio in the games industry when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, equity, and justice.
- Lead all production efforts for game development, content updates, outsourcing and new features
- Drive the completion of goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all major teams
- Mentor and grow a team of Lead Producers (including performance reviews) and provide direction to ensure project goals, objectives, and milestones are achieved
- Standardize process and status reporting methodologies for production in order to report progress and forecast dates for senior leadership and the development team
- Partner with all teams and production leadership to make informed decisions on work methods, development pipeline, and priorities
- Participate in production leadership planning/strategizing for the World of Warcraft team
- Represent World of Warcraft expansion initiatives and opportunities to support the company at the studio-level
- Promote and contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work closely with Loc/Regions to “think globally” about our content and make sure our creative leads/directors have the most up-to-date information regarding regulations/ratings
- Some senior-level production experience including final responsibility for producing at least one team in game development with at least one AAA game shipped.
- Demonstrated organizational, communication, and people leadership skills
- Experience coordinating creative efforts across art, design, engineering, and sound
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities and build predictability in scheduling
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing insight and influence into how to deliver more effectively and mitigate risks
- Cover Letter
What we offer
- Healthcare, dental, and vision, most of which are 100% sponsored by Proletariat to cover you and your family.
- Flexible PTO Policy with a focus on minimum time away, rather than maximum.
- 401K plan with generous matching contributions.
- Wellness reimbursements and discounts
- Flexible working hours.
- Our office is currently still remote, but we look forward to moving to an optional hybrid model in the future. If you’re based outside of the Boston-area and you’re not looking to relocate, we understand! Just let us know your situation during your phone screen conversation, and we’ll see if we can accommodate making a remote hire!
Proletariat values a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.