You are someone who keeps every detail documented. Nothing makes you happier than having a plan and keeping that plan updated and accurate until you’ve reached the end goal. You love getting things right the first time, but are excited to tackle challenging problems when things don’t go as planned. You love collaborating with team members and helping interdisciplinary teams get the job done. You are a clear, confident, and concise communicator that doesn’t lack empathy when discussing difficult situations. Filament Games prides itself on making playful experiences that improve others' lives, a sentiment that can be found as you work alongside your managers and coworkers. With a gorgeous view, flexible working times, and the cutest mascot: together we can make the future of education.
Job Title: Producer (title based on level of experience)
Reports to: Director of Studio Operations
Exemption Status: Exempt
Location: Madison, WI
- Own the budget and scope on their projects
- Producers have the authority to direct their team and assign tasks
- Gate releases in conjunction with QA Director
- Manage individual projects
- Manage client/stakeholder expectations
- Deliver sprint versions to the client/stakeholder, for review
- Run daily Scrum meetings to maximize development team efficiency
- Assign tasks in project tracking software (JIRA currently)
- Provide documentation of planning meetings as needed
- Advocate for defect fixing each sprint to maintain product quality and mitigate technical debt
- Participate in client calls, documenting action items
- Identify team velocity issues on projects
- Resolve team conflicts
- Facilitate team meetings
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives
- Work with development teams to estimate scope of projects
- Facilitate usability tests for their projects
- Assist QA lead with QA/QC and user testing
- Provide accounting with key project financial information to process invoices, forecast project completion date, and forecast profit margin
- Schedule regular meetings along the development lifespan
Reports to: Production Director
Direct Reports: None Currently
Coordinates Activity with: QA, Development Teams, Game Artists, Audio & Video Designer, Web Teams, and the Community Development & Outreach Specialist
Measures of Success
- Project ships on-time and on-budget
- Project meets the requirements of the SoW
- Only minor defects remain at Gold delivery
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- 1 years or more of experience in video game development production
- Served as Producer on at least one shipped titles in a professional, non-academic environment
- Delivered projects for clients, customers, or project stakeholders
- Planned and managed projects from start to finish
- Knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Able to use multiple methods to track and predict team velocity
- Able to manage staggered production schedules and concurrent projects
- Able to manage teams and hold them accountable for goals and milestones
- Strong verbal and written communication of business and technical information
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to control project scope and maintain budgets
- Crisp writing and communication skills
- Adept at negotiating terms with clients and vendors
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
- Self- motivated and able to take the initiative as the need arises
- Excellent note taker
- Persistence to get-things-done
- Cool under pressure
- Demonstrates thoroughness in completing assignments
- Well-versed, passionate gamer who is able to not only speak "the language" that gamers use but also communicate this language in an understandable manner to clients
- Detail orientated and dependable
- PMP certification
- Scrum/Agile certification
- Knowledge of game design
- Experience in other game development disciplines
- Experience shipping mobile product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Hansoft, or similar for project planning, JIRA, Excel/Google Sheets, Indie game production, and Subversion tracking
About Filament Games
Filament Games is a game production studio that creates digital learning games and interactives. Our mission is to deliver best-in-class teaching solutions that foster 21st-century skills through experiential learning. We believe that games are a powerful way to engage and inspire learners, and we approach game design by translating learning objectives directly into meaningful gameplay mechanics and playful curriculum materials.
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch comedy classes, Show-n-Tells, and the occasional paintball battle.
Our stylish office is located on the top floor of 316 West Washington, and offers stunning views of the heart of downtown Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, burgeoning tech industry and beautiful state capitol. Downtown Madison is a vibrant, active urban center with fun weekly events like Concert on the Square and the Farmer’s Market, and offers access to a variety of eclectic restaurants, music venues, and the best of Madison’s nightlife.
Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision care, short & long term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, subsidized bus fare, discounted gym membership, profit sharing, generous paid time off and extended holidays including a paid Christmas break!
Please note: Specific information or materials are requested for some job postings. Be sure to include the requested information, or your application will not be reviewed.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.