Great location. Great coworkers. Lifesaving apps.
As a game developer, you know the impact games can have. Imagine taking that to a new level—Level Ex—by creating games for medical professionals to hone their skills and provide better patient care. Using our cutting-edge mobile, AR, and VR titles, doctors practice high-risk procedures with the latest medical devices and experience the thrill and challenge of performing actual surgery.
Located in Chicago’s desirable River North neighborhood, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio recreates medical scenarios that replicate the complexities of the human body: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal. In addition to state-of-the-art graphics, supported by the latest generation technology, we employ a broad range of game mechanics and physics tech—collaborating with acclaimed surgeons to produce the best games for doctors. Games increase dramatically in difficulty as players progress, and feature compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance.
With hundreds of thousands of downloads, Level Ex has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians. Join our award-winning team of designers, developers, and artists in keeping doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.
We’re looking for a resourceful, organized Associate Producer to join our team.
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working with dedicated teams of engineers, designers, artists, medical researchers, and others throughout project life cycles managing risks, driving solutions, tracking deliverables, and communicating status
- Helping manage various aspects of development, including; scope of work, project timelines, and planning
- Utilizing project management tools like Atlassian’s JIRA, Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite software for translating tasks into backlogs, sprints, and day-to-day project tracking
- Supporting the creation of regulatory documentation required by clients
- Collaborating, creating, and updating PowerPoint and/or Google Slides presentations outline project goals and client partner feedback to share internally
- Supporting operations within the studios to enable our highly productive game development teams
- Working closely with QA to review the status of builds, bug priorities, and assist as needed
- At least 1-3 years experience in software development production or project management
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Day-to-day experience managing expectations and adhering to project scope/timelines between teams and external stakeholders to meet timelines
- Experience with game industry software tools like Jira or Hansoft, along with good production processes (Game Design, Prototyping, Project Management and QA)
- Familiarity with Agile development practices and a passion to learn
- Enjoy a fast-paced, startup environment and being a key contributor to successfully launching custom software experiences that help those on the medical front lines
- Experience working in QA
- Experience with Jira customization or data importing/exporting
- Experience using Confluence for documenting and communicating goals
- Experience in Engineering or Game Design
- Experience working in Kanban using iterative software development methodologies
- Creating games that genuinely make a difference in people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k plan with matching, flex spending account, and commuter benefits
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, beer, and tasty snacks
- Flexible, reasonable work schedules in a team-focused environment