Proletariat is seeking an Associate Game Engineer to join the team of our newest game in development, Spellbreak. This individual will work with the product team to build innovative multiplayer gameplay mechanics, effective User Interfaces, and persistent game systems. Engineers in this entry-level position may also work with artists to deliver high quality visuals at smooth framerates in Unreal Engine 4. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and excited to build highly-polished products for demanding audiences.
- Develop effective User Interfaces, e.g. Heads-Up Display elements, notifications, and menus
- Prototype and build new multiplayer gameplay features.
- Identify and fix client and server performance issues.
- 0-2 years professional experience in game development.
- Demonstrated game development capability through personal or group projects.
- Working knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with other high-level programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, C#…) may also be considered, with Haxe (https://haxe.org/) being preferred.
- Solid understanding of 3D math fundamentals.
- Experience with web technologies such as RESTful APIs, node.js, redis, and cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or similar services is preferred.