At Amazon, we believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the massively shared live streams and online experiences of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer, and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for an Art Director to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is a Sandbox MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As New World’s Art Director you will guide the artistic vision. You will lead a team of artists to push the aesthetic. You will help define the experience of New World from launch through years of live service enhancements and updates.
In this role you will…
· Own and refine unified artistic vision, style and quality standards of the New World IP.
· Provide clear, concise, consistent and timely visual direction, guidance and feedback across all aspects of art development.
· Support, mentor and inspire the art team to deliver overall goals and project on time.
· Partner with Art Manager to build a learning environment within the art team and implement processes of artistic research.
· Ensure the art balances visual quality, readability and gameplay.
· Partner with the Game Director, Production and Art Manager to ensure team meets business needs.
· Play and thoroughly review the game as a live product to ensure assets are produced at a high quality and represent the artistic vision for the game.
· Create, maintain, and enforce the style guide and other high-level documentation.
· Ensure art team is focused on making art optimized for quality and performance.
· Instigate development best practices with Production Director, and Art Manager to guarantee delivery of all assets.
· Work with Marketing and PR in the creation of game/studio promotional art materials, screenshots, and videos to ensure the elements are produced at a high quality representing the artistic vision for the game.
· 7+ years of game art production experience
· 1+ MMO titles
· Online Portfolio
· Thorough understanding of art outsourcing pipelines, capacities and technical constraints related to different game engines.
· Strong ability in writing documentation and apply it in art production.
· Proven proficiency in current 2D and 3D application including 3Ds Max/Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop.
· Strong communication and collaboration skills.
· Ability and passion for getting hands-on to lead and show by example.
· Self-motivated, with a good work ethic and a great team-player attitude.
· Experienced in leading teams of artists – must have a good eye for detail and be able to give constructive feedback.
· Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules, a willingness to receive direction and a desire to work closely with a team.
· A strong understanding of anatomy, mechanical structure, and architecture.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation