- Direct art developed both internally and by third parties.
- Collaborate with Tech Art, Design, Engineering and Art teams to make recommendations and decisions regarding overall art vision.
- Serve as an internal art critic, to achieve quality targets.
- Evaluate hires and assigns talent for all art disciplines.
- Set artistic vision and provide feedback and direction to further that vision.
- Provide clear written and illustrated guidelines that communicate art vision to both internal and external teams.
- Create concept art to be used as a guide for world building and development of 3D game assets.
- Create thumbnails, mood explorations, and model sheets.
- Work with Development Team to make sure art priorities are effectively defined.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling worlds and characters to life as well as creatively solve problems.
- 5+ years' experience in art production for interactive entertainment, including minimum of three product cycles as an artist.
- Broad knowledge across all art disciplines, including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering.
- Experience working with artists defining attractive vision for successful game titles.
- Thorough understanding of interactive entertainment methodology and the video game production pipeline.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of art processes and production pipelines.
- Excellent eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques used to achieve visual targets.
- Ability to foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent decision making capabilities.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience managing or mentoring artists/animators through at least one complete production cycle as an Art Director.
- Experience leading a team with emphasis collaborating with Senior and Executive level leadership.
- Experience working with outsourcing companies.
- Undergraduate degree in art related subject or equivalent.
Applications MUST include:
- Cover Letter telling us why you are passionate about working at NWI.
Type & Location:
- Onsite - Calgary, AB
- Preference given to Canadian citizens