Hardsuit Labs is looking to bring on an Art Director to lead the art team on a new project. Reporting to the studio art director, you will provide artistic leadership and will be a vision holder in the execution and delivery of a captivating in game visual aesthetics experience for the player. You will help define the look of environments, characters and architecture and will act as one of the key communication conduits for design and engineering.
- Establish a unified artistic vision by creating visual touchstone assets that inspire and set visual direction for others.
- Responsible for the creation of style guides and related materials for internal and external partners.
- Provides direction and feedback to the art team on daily basis.
- Manage the overall production quality of art assets, both internally and with outside vendors.
- Regularly meet with art leads to define art quality standards.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Tech, and Production teams to deliver on key milestones.
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure consistency between vision of all art and game design.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience crafting video game art.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director.
- Extensive knowledge of all areas of the art pipeline – concept, model, UI, rigging, animation, vfx.
- Ability to make a direct contribution to the creation of art visualization through hands on examples.
- Excellent ability to art direct multiple art disciplines.
- Able to give effective critiques and take feedback & criticism.
- Experience managing or mentoring artists/animators through at least one complete production cycle as an Art Director.
- Concept Art background.
- UE4 Experience.
- Passion for myth/fantasy.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills.
- We will accept digital artwork submitted via website/or online album only.
- Must be willing to take an art test.