USA Residents only please
Come and join a new indie studio pushing the boundaries of AI/interactive gaming from the minds of Will Wright and Lauren Elliott, the creators of the Sims, Sim City, Spore and Where in the World is Carmen San Diego!
The Studio Art Director is an enthusiastic and passionate Creative, responsible for guiding and driving the artistic vision of game and cross-media projects at Gallium. This is a hands-on role where you will mentor, lead and create alongside your fellow creatives!
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Studio Leadership to define the art style for a ground-breaking new game from Will (The Sims) Wright that will push the boundaries of what a game can be. The art style is graphic and sometimes abstract as a framing device for low-poly assets in an immersive, self-reflective world'
- Present concepts, ideas, and vision of the game to leads and stakeholders. Share and develop the vision and creative design with the art team.
- Have ownership of the visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and the highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Contribute to art asset creation and lead the UI design efforts for games on desktop and mobile.
- Direct the creation of all 2D and 3D art assets for the studio’s game projects
- Work with Production and Art Team Leads to ensure on-time delivery of assets
- Collaborate with creative, design and technical leadership to support and improve the gameplay and technical requirements of the game, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Display strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Provide feedback and mentorship for art team members
- 4+ years professional experience as an Art Director, Lead Artist or contributing artist for high-quality PC, mobile or console games
- Minimum of 1 shipped title for PC, mobile or console as an Art Director
- Experience in using the Unity or Unreal game engine is a must.
- Proficient with modeling and texturing within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender etc) and industry standards for the asset production pipeline in games
- Solid understanding of composition, color theory, lighting
- Demonstrated ability of proficiency with concept art and illustration
- Deep understanding of all game art disciplines, Concept, 3D, 2D, Animation, VFX
- Highly collaborative and positive personality
- Must be able to work within the core hours of the team - 9AM - 3PM
- Must have online portfolio