Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity, the largest independent video game developer in Austin, is comprised of a tightly knit group of experienced, no-nonsense veterans committed to solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Senior Advanced QA Analyst at Certain Affinity, you will operate embedded in one or more development teams, collaborating with members on delivering quality experiences for our players. You will define and own the test strategy, plan, scope, and test cases for your assigned area of ownership, as well as apply data analytics findings to guide your conversations on product quality as a whole. By taking a data-driven approach you will provide updates and reports on the health of your area of ownership, using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Identification of Test Requirements, Establish and evolve formal QA Processes
- Develop and Implement Test Strategies, Scope, Plans, and Cases for assigned areas
- Identify and drive initiatives for process improvement, taking a holistic view of the project as a whole
- Ensure QA activities are documented and maintained for areas of ownership
- Apply risk-based testing methodologies while showing peers how they may apply these methodologies to their day to day work.
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for the area of responsibility
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing design feedback during all phases of the product life cycle
- Conduct root cause analysis for complex systems, contribute to long term solutions to avoid issues found
- Develop KPI standards for areas of ownership, contribute to setting KPI’s for the Qa Organization as a whole
- Mentor junior members of the team and assist in their career growth
- 5+ years of QA experience in the games industry
- 3+ years of experience in Development QA in the games industry
- 2 or more shipped AAA titles
- Ability to work independently and meet responsibilities
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification, and Risk-Based Testing
- Subject Matter Expert on the video games industry, platforms, and genres
- Adept in the use of Data Analytics and Telemetry, as well as how to use the information in reports and making data-driven decisions
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for video games
Certain Affinity also offers relocation for this position to assist you in the move to Austin, Texas.