StrikerVR–a rapidly expanding virtual reality gaming startup in New Orleans–is adding a crucial administrative role to their team as the company scales in size.
StrikerVR is looking for an experienced and extremely capable full-time Administrative Coordinator who is professional, adaptable, and able to provide a high level of support structure in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who wants to grow with the company.
About The Role
We are searching for a quick and competent individual to bring their energy and expertise to bear on supporting the core duties of our Chief Operations Officer (COO) by managing systems, processes, and tools. Day-to-day you will maintain a list of key tasks, oversee organizational systems, and perform various clerical duties, all while ensuring attention to detail and accuracy.
This will be an on-site role in our New Orleans office during regular business hours. You will report directly to our COO and work with our entire team including leadership and engineering. This is a full-time position and may start as early as April 1st.
Critical Duties in Supporting Our COO:
- Through daily check-ins, maintain a list of tasks, deliverables, and due dates, ensuring the accuracy of task execution, and that items are completed on time
- Perform maintenance and data entry in our accounting (QuickBooks, LaPorte), CRM (copper.com), and other systems
- Assist in the execution of tasks related to both short-term and long-term operational and project management
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Job Elements in Supporting StrikerVR:
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all relationships, interactions, and correspondence
- Balance a sense of urgency with a calm and confident demeanor
- Learn, use, and build upon the established business development tools, process, and systems to help support operations and document management
- Share proactive and creative recommendations internally; identify, evaluate, escalate, and resolve issues as they may arise; implement solutions and tools
- Prior experience in an administrative/HR/operational role (3+ years)
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Exceptional computer skills with a working knowledge of Google Suite, CRM, and Project Management tools; required
- Self-motivated, with a strong business sense and the ability to work independently, decipher priorities, and make sound judgment calls
- A demonstrated excellence in time management, project management, creating documentation, and a proven support-focused mindset
- A love of technology and using non-paper processes to get things done
- A desire for long-term growth with the company
- Prior experience for a c-level executive (2+ years)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Accounting experience
- Prior experience working for a startup
- Familiarity working within Microsoft Teams
StrikerVR is a haptic device product company focused on designing and producing the most advanced haptic peripherals in the world of VR gaming. Our first product, the Arena Infinity, became the bestselling VR peripheral in theme parks worldwide. The first consumer product is currently being designed and will be launched during the first half of 2021.
Based in New Orleans, Louisiana, we have recently closed on a round of funding and are planning for dramatic growth during the next 12 months as the first consumer product is released. We’re looking for collaborative and competent people to add to our team.
For more information, visit: strikervr.com
How to Apply
Please apply by sending us:
- Your resume
- Cover Letter or a brief statement introducing yourself and why this role within our organization interests you
STRIKERVR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other protected status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**No recruiters, please**