Baidu USA, located in Silicon Valley, is looking for world-class engineers to join its IDG team a.k.a. Intelligent Driving Group. The IDG team is aiming to develop advanced autonomous driving technologies which will let us transform mobility and improve the lives of billions of people. We are looking for a software engineer with the strong tools development background to build one of the advanced autonomous driving simulation systems in the world. He or she will use a game-engine based technology and create tools to efficiently author a virtual world with interesting road networks that can faithfully and reliably reproduce real-world driving behaviors in a wide range of situations and scenarios and closely collaborate with stakeholders like world builders and engineers in other autonomous driving teams.
- Work with world-class talented group of software engineers and scientists to help them efficiently and safely develop cutting edge autonomous driving technologies
- Develop and maintain authoring tools for simulation world, including a tool for intuitive and versatile road network creation
- Design and create a pipeline to import from / export to formats of map or real-world data capture to accelerate world authoring and enable faithful simulation of an authored virtual world
- Fluency in C / C++ / C#
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Extensive experience with UI / front-end design and development
- Strong engineering practices in performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with 3D game engines (Unity / Unreal Engine)
- Familiarity with tools for 3D graphics development, such as DCC tools, exporters, and pipeline tools
- Experience with Linux development (including git) is a strong bonus.